When you open up the kitchen pantry and look for something to eat, you probably do not think about how many products you have that can cause you and your loved ones harm. Unfortunately, we keep seeing cases of recalled food products.
In fact, it is not just food. There are a multitude of items we use and consume currently under recall that can cause us harm.
The latest one we are learning about is Del Monte Foods recall of their popular “Fiesta Corn” because it was under-processed and could cause people to develop a fatal illness. They say that there have been no reports of illness associated with the corn, but that there is a possibility that a person could get botulism poisoning if they consume it. One of the states where the corn was sold – Pennsylvania.
How does something like this happen, in a country with strict product regulations?
At the Dan Doyle Law Group, we are here to help if a product you have purchased has caused you or a loved one harm. When you need an experienced Philadelphia product liability lawyer, contact us today.
What Is Product Liability?
Most of the products we use and consume are safe thanks to strong industry and government standards put in place to ensure the public’s safety. There are many times, though, when unsafe products slip through the cracks. We see three ways in which most product liability cases arise:
- Faulty Designs: There are times when a poorly designed product hits the market and the flawed design is not discovered until thousands, possibly millions, of the unit are sold.
- Manufacturing Issues: Even a well-designed product can be altered during the manufacturing process and rendered unsafe.
- Labeling Problems: Companies have a responsibility to include many things on a product label, including ingredients, dosages, hazards, and proper instructions. If they fail to include a vital piece of information, it could cause consumers harm.
Think for a moment about the products you and your family use on a daily basis. A single meal could consist of ten or more foods and ingredients. Your vehicle has thousands of parts made by more than a hundred manufacturers. The furniture, appliances, and toys around your house are all used on a daily basis.
Are you sure that all of them are safe?
A quick look at the website that keeps us current on recalls across the country shows us that millions of people are actually at risk of being harmed by something they have purchased.
Your Next Steps
We know that you are going through a difficult time right now, so let us help. At the Dan Doyle Law Group, our knowledgeable and experienced team will work tirelessly to secure the compensation you need. This can include:
- Coverage for your medical expenses
- Lost wage recovery if you miss work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages
When you need a Philadelphia product liability attorney, you can contact us by clicking here or calling 215-987-3730 for a free consultation.