Boating on Pennsylvania’s lakes can be a relaxing activity. However, it’s important for those who participate in this activity to remember that boating accidents can and do happen.
Victims deserve to be compensated for their losses when these accidents result from negligence. If you’ve been injured in such an accident, review your case with a Norristown boat accident attorney at Dan Doyle Law Group to learn if you can proceed with a claim or lawsuit.
TYPES OF NORRISTOWN BOAT ACCIDENT CLAIMS WE HANDLE
A victim of a boating accident may have grounds to seek compensation for their losses if said accident occurred because someone was negligent. Careless boat operators can cause accidents if they:
- Operate boats while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Ignore boating regulations
- Overload and/or overcrowd their boats
- Operate boats without proper safety equipment
- Ignore adverse weather conditions
That’s not an exhaustive list. Additionally, some boating accidents result from negligence on the part of a boat’s designers or manufacturers. If you’re not certain whether the circumstances of your accident grant you the right to seek compensation, review your case with a Norristown boat accident attorney to discuss your legal options.
NORRISTOWN, PA BOAT ACCIDENT INJURIES
The injuries a victim might sustain as a result of a boat accident include (but aren’t necessarily limited to) the following:
- Broken bones
- Injuries requiring amputation of limbs
- Traumatic brain injury
- Back/neck injuries
There are even instances when boat accidents result in deaths. When these tragedies occur because of someone’s actions or carelessness, surviving loved ones of victims can seek compensation by filing wrongful death claims or lawsuits.
HOW A NORRISTOWN BOAT ACCIDENT LAW FIRM CAN HELP
In the aftermath of a boat accident resulting from the negligence of a boat’s operator or other such party, you may be able to file a claim with the negligent party’s insurance seeking financial compensation for such losses and damages as:
- Past, present, and future medical bills
- Lost wages, as your injuries might be severe enough to prevent you from returning to work until you’ve fully recovered
- Lost earning capacity if your injuries permanently affect your employment prospects
- Various non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering
Be aware that the insurance company might not be inclined to offer the compensation you’re owed when you file a claim. In these circumstances, an insurer may attempt to minimize their financial losses by offering a low settlement amount. They may even attempt to deny your claim entirely if you don’t provide sufficient evidence proving your accident resulted from negligence.
Optimize your chances of receiving an appropriate settlement by enlisting the help of an attorney. A qualified Norristown boat accident lawyer could help you by:
- Investigating your accident to identify the liable parties and gather evidence of their negligence
- Adding up your compensable losses to estimate approximately how much compensation you may deserve
- Negotiating with the insurance company while you focus on recovering from your injuries
That last point is important. When our team at Dan Doyle Law Group is handling your Norristown boating accident claim, you’ll have more time and energy to devote to making a full recovery in the aftermath. Learn more about how we can help by contacting us online or calling us for a free consultation.