Boating is a popular activity among many Pennsylvanians. Unfortunately, sometimes a relaxing day out on a lake could turn dangerous if a boating accident occurs.
Perhaps you’ve been injured in such an accident because someone was negligent. If so, learn about how you may seek financial compensation for your losses by reviewing your case with a West Chester, PA boat accident attorney at Dan Doyle Law Group.
WEST CHESTER BOATING ACCIDENT CLAIMS WE HANDLE
Boating accidents can occur for several potential reasons. Boating accidents may be the result of negligence if a boat’s operator:
- Chooses to operate a boat in adverse weather conditions
- Doesn’t equip a boat with necessary safety equipment
- Overcrowds and/or overloads their boat
- Operates a boat under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or both
- Operates a boat without familiarizing themselves with the applicable rules and regulations
Those are just a few examples. If you’re not sure whether the cause of your boating accident qualifies as unreasonably negligence, consider reviewing your case with a West Chester boat accident lawyer. We can help you better determine if you have grounds to file a claim or lawsuit.
It’s also worth noting that the negligent party responsible for causing a boat accident isn’t always the boat’s operator. For instance, a boat accident could result from a manufacturing defect or design flaw that went overlooked.
Injuries one might sustain as a result of a boat accident include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Broken bones
- Internal organ injuries
- Brain injuries
- Back and neck injuries
Unfortunately, some boat accidents result in the death of victims. Their surviving loved ones may be able to receive compensation when this happens.
HOW A WEST CHESTER BOAT ACCIDENT LAW FIRM CAN HELP
If you were injured in a boat accident because another party was negligent, you could seek compensation for such losses as:
- Your medical bills (including future bills if your injuries leave you in need of ongoing care)
- Lost wages if your injuries prevent you from working
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering and other such non-economic damages that may not have objective dollar values
You may seek compensation for these losses by filing a claim with the insurance of the negligent party who caused your accident. When you do, you may find that the insurance company will first attempt to deny your claim by arguing that you haven’t provided sufficient evidence showing your accident resulted from negligence. If an insurer can’t deny your claim entirely, they might nevertheless try to convince you that your claim isn’t worth the amount of money you’re pursuing.
Although no lawyer can ethically promise that you’ll receive a specific payout, a qualified West Chester boat accident attorney could improve your chances of securing proper compensation by:
- Conducting a full investigation to accurately identify all liable parties responsible for compensating you
- Gathering evidence proving negligence
- Calculating how much compensation you may deserve based on the extent and nature of your losses
- Negotiating with the insurance company for a proper settlement
At Dan Doyle Law Group, we understand that being harmed in a West Chester boat accident can have a significant impact on your life. We strive to help you overcome your challenges in the aftermath of such an experience by providing quality representation. Learn more about how we can help by contacting us online or calling us for a free consultation.