Lyft is a household name in and around Allentown. This rideshare company is prevalent in this area, with many of our residents using Lyft to get from place to place on a regular basis. However, do you know who is responsible for compensating those injured in accidents involving Lyft vehicles? At the Dan Doyle Law Group, our Lyft accident attorneys are ready to help in these situations. We will investigate what happened and work to secure any compensation that a Lyft accident victim is entitled to.
LYFT ACCIDENTS WILL OCCUR IN THIS AREA
Unfortunately, Pennsylvania does not keep track of which traffic crashes are Lyft driver-related. However, we do know that these incidents occur. Lyft drivers are no different than anybody else on the roadway. They use their own personal vehicles to transport passengers, and they usually have no particular additional driver training.
Statistics from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation show that there were 128,420 total accidents reported during the latest year. Out of these incidents, we know that there were more than 78,000 injuries and 1,190 fatalities. We can safely assume that Lyft drivers and passengers are involved in accidents throughout the Commonwealth, in Lehigh County, and in Allentown.
WHO PAYS FOR LYFT ACCIDENT EXPENSES?
One of the most complicated aspects of any car accident is dealing with insurance carriers. This is especially the case in an accident involving a Lyft vehicle. Responsibility for injuries and damages will depend on the status of the Lyft driver at the time of the crash.
- If a Lyft driver causes an accident while they are not signed in to the “app” to work, then they are on their own time, and their personal insurance carrier is responsible for coverage.
- If the Lyft driver is involved in an accident while they are signed in to the “app” to work but they do not have a passenger, then their personal insurance carrier provides coverage. Lyft’s insurance will provide limited coverage if a claim is denied by the personal carrier or if the limits of the coverage are exhausted.
- If a Lyft driver has a passenger or is on the way to pick one up when they are involved in a crash, then Lyft’s $1 million liability policy should cover everyone involved in the incident.
WE WILL GET TO WORK ON YOUR CASE IMMEDIATELY
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in an accident involving a Lyft vehicle, you need to contact an attorney as soon as possible. These cases can become incredibly complicated, and the team at the Dan Doyle Law Group is ready to help you secure the compensation you are entitled to. This can include the following:
- Coverage of medical expenses related to the Lyft accident
- Coverage of lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against a negligent party
Our Allentown Lyft accident attorneys are ready to take on the insurance carrier and rideshare company. You can contact us by clicking here or calling 215-987-3730 for a free consultation.