Lyft, and similar ride-sharing services, has meant that getting around town has become a lot more convenient in recent years. All you do when you need to get from A to B is open an app, request a ride, and you can see in real-time where your driver is and how long it will take him or her to get to you.
However, Lyft is the same as travelling in any other car, in terms of risk, and that means you are just as likely to be involved in a Lyft accident in Philadelphia, as you are when driving your own car.
Lyft drivers are not Lyft employees, so making a claim may not be as simple as you think. Rather than attempting to navigate the complexities of your case alone, it is strongly recommended that you seek expert legal advice from a Philadelphia Lyft accident attorney instead.
How to Make Sure Your Lyft Accident Claim Goes as Smoothly as Possible
Choosing an outstanding Philadelphia Lyft accident attorney from Dan Doyle Law Group already puts you at an advantage when it comes to securing the best possible outcome from your case. Nonetheless, there are some steps you can take after your Lyft accident to ensure that proceedings go as smoothly as possible, particularly where an insurance company disputes the details.
- Report your accident immediately. This includes telling both Lyft themselves, and the police, that you have been involved in a car accident. Although your driver may ask you not to inform Lyft, it could render your claim invalid if you do not do so immediately
- Due to the limits on Lyft’s driver insurance for bodily injuries, you should also obtain details of your driver’s personal auto insurance. Under certain circumstances, it may be necessary for you to bring a claim against their insurance, rather than Lyft’s
- Take note of the circumstances leading up to the collision. including weather, road conditions, and anything else you feel may be relevant, and the accident itself. Although it is all fresh in your mind right now, you may be surprised by how much you forget over even a short period of time
- Document the injuries you have sustained in the Lyft accident, and seek medical attention immediately, even if you feel like it is not necessary
- Get the contact details of any witnesses, as well as the driver and passengers of any other vehicles involved in the collision
Of course, the details of your claim will also depend on whether you were a passenger in the Lyft driver’s vehicle, in an accident with a Lyft driver carrying a passenger, or struck by a Lyft driver available for hire but not carrying passengers.
As it can all become incredibly complex, it is highly recommended that you speak to a Dan Doyle Law Group Lyft accident attorney as soon as is practically possible.
Discuss Your Lyft Accident with an Outstanding Philadelphia Attorney Today
At Dan Doyle Law Group, we are committed to securing the best possible outcome for all our clients, and that includes recovering maximum compensation for your Philadelphia Lyft accident injuries.
To enable our legal team to begin investigating your claim, schedule an initial consultation today by calling us.