Uber is a household name, and many Americans have used an Uber ride to get them to a destination. While this can be a convenient way to get from place to place, you may need a Uber accident lawyer if you are injured and are struggling to figure out the insurance issues involved. At the Dan Doyle Law Group, we understand that these crashes are more complex, and we want to fully investigate so we can secure the compensation you deserve.
What can happen in a Bensalem Uber accident?
The rise of ridesharing services has changed the way we look at personal vehicle crashes. After all, is a crash involving an Uber vehicle still considered a personal vehicle collision? Or do we consider it a commercial vehicle crash?
This can get confusing, especially when it comes to insurance issues. We do know that during the latest reporting year in the Commonwealth, there were more than 128,000 vehicle crashes. Out of those, there were 1,137 fatalities and over 80,000 injuries. Vehicle accidents occur regularly, and there are times when Uber vehicles are involved. These incidents can lead to serious injuries, and victims need to know where to turn to get the compensation they deserve.
How does Uber insurance work?
Insurance issues after an Uber accident can be complicated. There are multiple insurance carriers involved in this process, and it depends on the driver’s “status” at the time of the crash.
- If a driver does not have any Uber passengers and is not signed into the Uber app to work, their personal insurance carrier will be responsible for covering any damages or injuries in the event a crash occurs.
- If an Uber driver is signed into the app to work but does not have any passengers (and it not on the way to pick one up), then their personal insurance carrier is still the primary carrier. Uber’s insurance will only kick in if the personal carrier denies a claim or does not cover all of the damages.
- If an Uber driver gets into an accident when they have an Uber passenger or are on the way to pick up a fare, then Uber’s $1 million policy is in place to cover the driver, the passengers, and any other parties involved in the crash.
It is time to move your case forward
If you or someone you care about has been injured in an accident involving an Uber vehicle, you may need to secure assistance from a qualified attorney today. At the Dan Doyle Law Group, our knowledgeable and experienced team is ready to step in and get to the bottom of what happened. We want to ensure you are treated fairly by the insurance companies and that you get compensation for:
- Your medical expenses related to the crash
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Punitive damages if the Uber driver was grossly negligent
When you need a Bensalem Uber accident attorney, you can contact us by clicking here or calling 215-987-3730 for a free consultation.