Lyft, along with other ridesharing services, has become a household name. There is convenience behind being able to press a button on your phone and have a ride come to pick you up and get you to your destination. However, you should never have to worry about getting into an accident with a Lyft vehicle or while a passenger in a Lyft. At the Dan Doyle law group, our qualified and experienced team is ready to help you secure the compensation you deserve. When you need a Lyft accident lawyer, call us today.
What can happen in a Bensalem Lyft accident?
When we discuss accidents involving ridesharing vehicles and drivers, we have to look at the overall statistics of motor vehicle accidents across the Commonwealth. Why does that matter? It matters because these crashes occur in the same way that other crashes occur. Lyft drivers are regular people with no particular driver training. They are prone to the same mistakes as any other driver on the roadway.
During the latest reporting year in PA, there were more than 128,000 total crashes. Out of those, there were 1,137 fatalities and over 80,000 injuries reported. More than 4,000 of those injuries were listed as “serious.”
Injuries from these incidents range in severity and can include:
How do Lyft incidents differ from other car accidents?
The complexities of these cases revolve around insurance issues. In most car accidents, you are dealing with your insurance company and the carrier of the at-fault driver. In these cases, you will also have to deal with Lyft’s insurance. Unfortunately, Lyft insurance does not always pay out willingly.
- If a driver is not signed into the Lyft app to work and they get into a car accident, they are not covered at all by Lyft’s insurance. Instead, a victim has to deal with the driver’s personal insurance carrier.
- If a driver is signed in to the Lyft app but does not have a passenger and gets into a crash, the driver’s personal insurance is still the primary carrier. Lyft’s insurance will only kick in if the personal carrier denies a claim or does not cover all of the expenses.
- If a driver is signed into the Lyft app and has a passenger (or is on the way to get one), they are covered under Lyft’s $1 million policy.
How can we help you move this case forward?
If you or someone you care about has been injured due to the actions of a Lyft driver, you should consider seeking legal assistance. At the Dan Doyle Law Group, we understand that these cases can become more complicated than regular vehicle accident cases. We are ready to investigate what happened and deal with the insurance companies so we can secure the compensation you need. This can include:
- Compensation for your medical bills related to the crash
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- General household expenses
- Possible physical therapy expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against the Lyft driver or another at-fault party
When you need a Bensalem Lyft accident attorney, you can contact us by clicking here or calling 215-987-3730 for a free consultation.