The sudden loss of a spouse, child, or other close loved one is a devastating experience. After losing a close loved one unexpectedly, you will face a lengthy mourning process that may be exacerbated by various financial difficulties resulting from your loved one’s death.
For example, perhaps you lose a spouse who was your family’s main breadwinner. In the immediate aftermath of their death, you will need to cover the cost of their funeral and burial or cremation.
In the long run, you will also have to adjust to life without their income and household services. This can have a profound impact on the quality of life of both yourself and your children.
There is no way to change the past and restore a deceased loved one to life. However, if a loved one died because another party was negligent, you may be able to recover financial compensation for certain damages resulting from their death.
Review your case with a Chester County, Pennsylvania wrongful death accident attorney at Dan Doyle Law Group for more information. Our experienced team understands you are enduring a very painful ordeal. If it appears you have grounds to file a claim or lawsuit, we can at least help relieve you of certain burdens while you grieve.
CHESTER COUNTY WRONGFUL DEATH CASES: AVAILABLE DAMAGES
Various factors influence the types of losses/damages that surviving loved ones can potentially seek compensation for after someone dies as a result of another party’s actions or carelessness. Examples of damages you might be compensated for include:
- Medical expenses if your loved one needed medical care before their death
- Loss of a loved one’s wages and benefits
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of a loved one’s companionship or consortium
- Loss of a loved one’s guidance
- Loss of a loved one’s household services (such as raising your children)
- Punitive damages
HOW A CHESTER COUNTY WRONGFUL DEATH ACCIDENT ATTORNEY HELPS
You do not have to seek justice alone when a loved one has died due to another party’s negligence. The experts at our Chester County wrongful death accident law firm can help you pursue compensation by:
- Investigating your case in an effort to identify all liable parties
- Conducting an investigation to gather evidence proving your loved one was killed as a result of negligence
- Calculating how much money your claim may be worth
- Filing a claim with an insurance company
- Negotiating for an appropriate settlement on your behalf if the insurance company refuses to make a fair offer
- Allowing you to focus on your own personal needs while we handle your case
CONTACT A CHESTER COUNTY WRONGFUL DEATH ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
No one can fully compensate you for the unexpected passing of a close loved one. However, a compassionate and dedicated Chester County wrongful death attorney at Dan Doyle Law Group can help you address various challenges that you might face in the aftermath of a loved one’s untimely passing. Learn more by contacting our firm online or calling us at 215-987-3730 for a free consultation.