You should never have to worry about you or a loved one being harmed due to a defective product. However, there are times when companies and manufacturers are responsible for letting faulty products make it to the market. If you or a loved one have been injured and need an defective product lawyer, we are ready to help. The Dan Doyle Law Group will investigate what happened and work to secure the compensation you need for all of your injury-related expenses.
WHAT IS PRODUCT LIABILITY?
Have you turned on the news and seen information about a product recall taking place? Or worse, have you seen the news discussing someone being injured or killed due to a faulty product? If so, you are seeing the basics of product liability.
Companies and manufacturers are responsible for ensuring they produce products that are safe for consumers. There are times when these products become defective due to:
- Poor designs: Almost every product that is for sale has been tested and inspected. Products like pharmaceuticals go through rigorous testing by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and there are several other regulatory agencies for other products. However, there are times when a poorly designed product makes it to the market and causes harm to consumers.
- Manufacturing errors: Even a product that has a good design can be altered during the manufacturing process, making it just as harmful for consumers as a poorly designed product.
- Labeling problems: We depend on product labels to tell us how to properly use a product. When a label is incorrect, consumers suffer. Some of the most common label issues include missing, incorrect, or incomplete ingredient lists, hazards, side effects, allergens, dosages, and more.
WHAT PRODUCTS ARE AFFECTED?
If you take a look at the website that tracks all current recalls in the US, you may be surprised at what you find. Nearly every industry is affected by defective products, including items you may have in your household:
- Car seats
- Food and beverages
- Recreation equipment
- Automobiles and auto parts
- Medical devices
Each year, thousands of people across the country are injured or become ill after using or consuming defective products. They suffer from a range of injuries. Our Allentown product liability lawyers regularly help clients suffering from the following:
- Choking injuries (particularly in children)
- Burns injuries
- Lacerations or amputations
- Internal organ damage or failure
- Broken or dislocated bones
LET US GET TO WORK ON YOUR CASE
If you or someone you love has been injured after using or consuming a defective product, you need to seek legal assistance now. You may be entitled to compensation, and the Dan Doyle Law Group is ready to get to work. We will conduct a thorough investigation into what happened so we can secure the following:
- Coverage of your medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against the company or manufacturer
When you need an Allentown product liability attorney, you can contact us by clicking here or calling 215-987-3730 for a free consultation.