If you have lost a loved one due to the careless or negligent actions of someone else, we know you are going through an incredibly difficult time. At the Dan Doyle Law Group, our compassionate and experienced team is ready to help you get through this. We will investigate what caused your loved one’s death and work to secure the compensation and closure you deserve right now. Call us when you need a wrongful death attorney.
HOW DO ALLENTOWN WRONGFUL DEATH CASES ARISE?
Wrongful death cases in Pennsylvania are brought by the surviving family members or the estate of a person killed due to the careless, negligent, or willful actions of another person, company, or entity. These cases can become incredibly complex and involve a significant investigation.
There are various ways in which wrongful death incidents in this area arise. Some of the most common cases our Allentown wrongful death lawyers handle include:
- Vehicle Accidents: During Pennsylvania’s latest reporting year, we know that 1,190 people were killed in traffic accidents across the commonwealth. Many of these deaths were caused by driver negligence, including impaired driving, distracted driving, speeding, and more.
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents: According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), 4,761 people were killed due to large truck accidents during the latest reporting year across the US.
- Product Liability: Companies and manufacturers sometimes allow products with design flaws, manufacturing errors, and product labeling issues to hit the market. These products can cause serious harm and death to consumers.
- Medical Mistakes: Johns Hopkins researchers have said that medical errors are the third leading cause of death in this country, killing approximately 250,000 people each year. Medical mistakes are the result of a medical professional’s negligent behavior, and often include surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, failure to treat, medication mistakes, and more.
- Criminal Activity: Wrongful death cases often coincide with criminal actions and criminal cases. This could include homicide, manslaughter, DUI cases, and more.
- Workplace Accidents: Employers are responsible for ensuring their workers are safe. However, there are times when employers know of unsafe conditions and fail to remedy them. There are also times when third-party contractors are responsible for workplace injuries or fatalities.
This is not a complete list of what can cause wrongful death situations. Please speak to an attorney about your particular case.
WE ARE READY TO HELP YOU THROUGH THIS
If you have lost a loved one due to the actions of another person, you may be entitled to compensation. At the Dan Doyle Law Group, we are going to use our extensive experience and resources to fully investigate what happened to your loved one. We will determine liability in this case and work to secure the compensation you and your family need. This can include:
- Cost of pre-death medical care
- Loss of future income and benefits of the deceased
- Mental anguish damages
- Loss of consortium and companionship damages
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Punitive damages against the negligent party
When you need an Allentown wrongful death attorney, you can contact us by clicking here or calling 215-987-3730 for a free consultation.