Do you know what to do if you or a loved one are harmed due to the careless or negligent actions of another person? At the Dan Doyle Law Group, we have the knowledge and experience you need to get to the bottom of what happened. Our goal is to investigate what happened so we can secure the compensation you are entitled to for all of your injury-related expenses. When you need a personal injury lawyer, we are standing by to help.
What are personal injuries in Allentown, PA?
Personal injuries are defined by the American Bar Association as physical injury inflicted on an individual’s body. Personal injury cases arise in various ways, but all begin with someone being harmed due to the negligence of another person. There are countless ways that personal injuries occur. Our Allentown personal injury lawyers specialize in helping clients who have been injured due to:
- Car accidents: There were more than 78,000 car accident injuries in PA during the latest reporting year, many of them involving careless or negligent drivers. Auto accidents are known to create more and unnecessary stress in your life. Any car accident that left you with injuries, medical bills, wage losses, or a lost vehicle requires the skillful help of a personal injury attorney. You are entitled to the proper representation for auto accidents when the at-fault individual is careless or ignorant of the laws. You are able to file a negligence claim if you are injured by a driver who failed to exercise reasonable care because drivers have a duty to practice reasonable care on the road. When that duty is breached, personal injury law says that you can recover your losses.
- Motorcycle accidents: Over 2,600 motorcyclists were injured in Pennsylvania for the 2018 reporting year. Motorcycle accident injuries lead to high costs in medical bills, loss of employment, permanently altered lifestyles, PTSD, and more. What is also worth mentioning is that your injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident may qualify you for compensation. Our law offices use every legal resource available to us to see that you receive every dime you deserve.
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents: Pedestrians and bicyclists are especially vulnerable to injuries in a crash and suffered 4,090 and 962 injuries respectively in 2018. These accidents are caused by many different elements, like vehicle crashes, being injured in an accident at the fault of the placement of a crosswalk, and not just the driver of the vehicle.
- Premises liability claims: Many injuries occur due to the failure of a property owner to properly inspect and maintain their premises. This concept comes into play when the injury was caused by some form of an unsafe or defective condition on someone else’s property. As mentioned earlier, personal injury cases are based on negligence and premises liability claims are no different.
- Commercial truck accidents: Commercial trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds when fully loaded, and these accidents are often caused by careless or negligent driver or trucking company mistakes. Due to the size and weight of commercial trucks, often tens of thousands of pounds, when an enormous amount of steel collides with another vehicle or pedestrian, damages can be significant. There will also be an incredible amount of physical injury and property damages too.
- Defective product injuries: There are thousands of defective products on the market. Many of them have flawed designs, are altered during manufacturing, or are improperly labeled. These types of accidents due to defective products can cause serious injuries like fractures, burns, lacerations, disfigurement, and nerve damage.
- Dog bites cases: There are more than 4.5 million dog bites each year in the US, and the CDC reports that one in five bites required medical attention. If a dog has bitten or attacked you, in the workplace or the dog owner or another party was to blame, you can claim personal injury compensation from them. This holds them accountable for their actions or lack thereof.
In a personal injury claim, there are three key problems that appear following the incident. You have actual bodily harm, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. The concept of actual bodily harm is easy to comprehend. It can basically be summed up: if someone were hurt in a vehicle accident by a careless driver, the injured victim would rightfully expect to be compensated. Compensation would cover medical bills and any anticipated expenses.
Pain and suffering is a bit more complex issue. Someone caught up in the pain and suffering element of a personal injury claim is encouraged to document their woes and work with mental health professionals for better reliability standards.
Emotional distress is the most difficult injury to pursue. It is seen as negligent or intentionally inflicted but this all falls under a wide range of injuries with defamation to threats of physical harm.
These cases can become complex
At the Dan Doyle Law Group, we understand that each personal injury case is different. Sometimes, the at-fault party is another individual. Other times, a company, non-profit, or other entity is to blame. We will use our considerable resources to fully investigate what happened and work with insurance providers to obtain a fair settlement. If necessary, we will be prepared to take your case to trial.
We are ready to help you through this
If you or a loved one have been injured due to the careless or reckless behavior of another person, you may be entitled to compensation for what has happened. At the Dan Doyle Law Group, we are ready to get to work on your behalf. Our team will investigate what happened and determine who is liable for your injuries so we can secure the following:
- Coverage of your medical bills
- Compensation for lost income if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages in the case of gross negligence
When you need an Allentown personal injury attorney, you can contact us by clicking here or calling 215-987-3730 for a free consultation.