We know that plenty of people in and around our area use the bus. Whether you are a regular bus rider or not, you should never have to worry about being injured due to the negligence of a bus driver or bus company. The qualified and experienced bus accident attorneys at the Dan Doyle Law Group is ready to step in and get to work on your case today. We will get to the bottom of what caused the crash and work to secure the compensation you need for all of your accident-related expenses.
BUS ACCIDENTS CAN BE DEVASTATING
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, both school buses and inter-city buses are regularly involved in accidents. However, there are also other buses in and around Bensalem, including long-distance transport buses and shuttle buses. The number of fatal bus crashes in the US totaled 232 from 2016 to 2017. Thousands of people are injured in bus crashes each year.
Injuries from bus crashes can be severe. For those on the bus, passengers are rarely restrained with seat belts. Passengers inside vehicles struck by a bus must contend with tens of thousands of pounds slamming into their vehicle. It is not uncommon for our bus accident attorneys to see the following injuries in the aftermath of a bus crash:
HOW DO THESE INCIDENTS HAPPEN?
In many cases, bus drivers or bus companies are responsible for severe crashes.
- Bus drivers have a duty to ensure they operate the vehicle safely each time they hit the roadways. This includes never driving while distracted by drugs or alcohol, not driving fatigued, and not driving while distracted by a cell phone.
- Bus companies and agencies have a duty to regularly inspect and maintain their vehicles in order to ensure they are safe and operational. They should also properly train their drivers.
Victims of bus crashes are often left struggling with aggressive insurance carriers and legal teams of the bus agencies. This can be difficult to deal with, and you need an attorney who can gather all of the evidence necessary to prove what happened, including:
- Accident reports
- Eyewitness accounts
- Medical records
- Photographs and video surveillance from the scene
LET US GET TO WORK ON YOUR BEHALF TODAY
If you or someone you care about has been injured due to the careless or negligent actions of a bus driver or bus company, please seek legal assistance as soon as possible. The team at the Dan Doyle Law Group is ready to step in and investigate all aspects of this incident. We have the knowledge and resources needed to secure the compensation you deserve, including:
- Your medical expenses related to the bus crash
- Lost wages and benefits if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against the driver or company